What does the Volatility DAOracle do?
Open Sources Methodologies
- All methodologies are open-sourced. This allows anyone to learn how calculations are done.
Open Sources Implementation
- Open-source code is created from the methodology and verified by the DAO.
Audits Indices and Benchmarks
- Complex calculations are audited using an optimistic oracle. This insures that the methodology and implementation match.
- An artifact of the audit is that the value of an index or benchmark is published on-chain.
- New methodologies and system-wide parameters are added with the approval of the DAO. Anyone can contribute.
- Anyone can submit values on-chain for a reward. This incentivizes frequent audits.
- Anyone can dispute a published value and win a reward if they can prove the value is incorrect.
- Earn rewards by staking in insurance pools. Stakers actively protect the bonds used in the optimistic oracle.